4 October 2016
For details on the tests used, please see the separate keyboard tests page.
For details on the layouts evaluated, please see the separate ANSI keyboard layouts page.
You should familiarise yourself with both of those pages to make sense of the results below.
- The result columns below are sortable, click the column headers to sort. You want a High Score, Low Distance, and Low Same Finger.
- Arensito and Balance Twelve scores are from 'fixed' versions (were missing characters). Neo 2.0 layout was removed (no brackets). I dropped the Spanish Dvorak and Russian layouts as they're not for English. ABCDEF (approx) is same as ABCDEF (rough) so I dropped it.
- Apologies for all the very similar variants of my layouts, I'll remove the weaker ones in due course. I try to keep the variants that win at least
one of the tests. You can unselect them below if needed.
- All the data was captured manually by me, there are probably some typos beyond the three I found. Hopefully not too serious..
- For the Distance scores, I just dropped the decimals instead of rounding off. The numbers are large and decimals won't make much difference.
- We are suspicious of the layouts using AltGr, it looks like the scores are being boosted instead of being punished for the extra keypress. So they are switched off by default.
Pages for the various layouts are coming. In the mean time you can find most of them on Patrick's site
, and the newer ones on
Den's tweaked version