24 August 2017
For details on the tests used, please see the separate keyboard tests page.
For details on the layouts evaluated, please see the separate ANSI keyboard layouts page.
You should familiarise yourself with both of those pages to make sense of the results below.
- These results are computed from Den's alternative scoring model, which takes finger effort into account. For example, moving the pinky takes more effort than waving your index finger around.
- I have multiplied her Overall Effort score by 10 just to get more visible separation between the scores.
- The result columns below are sortable, click the column headers to sort. In this scoring model. you want a LOW Effort, Low Distance, and Low Same Finger.
- Apologies for all the very similar variants of my layouts, I'll remove the weaker ones in due course. I try to keep the variants that win at least
one of the tests. You can unselect them below if needed.
- For the Distance and SameFinger scores, I just dropped the decimals instead of rounding off. The numbers are large and decimals won't make much difference.
Pages for the various layouts are coming. In the mean time I've linked the Layouts listed on the Layouts page above, to a locally hosted version of KLA, where you can browse the layouts.